Chatuchak Market in Bangkok
If you can dream it up, Chatuchak probably has it. Here, you will be amazed at the sheer variety of merchandise, whether a Moroccan lamp, an antique wooden chest, a pair of vintage Levi’s jeans, or, on the exotic side, a python.
I’m at the first few week so I couldn’t buy so much. My backpack is full enough. But when I’m traveling again in Asia I’ll bring my backpack and fill it here! It’s cheap and they got everything. I bought two t-shirts 100 baht each. (2.50 euro)
Also when you go to Beijing Vietnam or Cambodia you can bring a good backpack and fill it here in Asia.
What do they have on the Chatuchak Market in Bangkok
Although it’s impossible to name all, the selection of goods being offered at Chatuchak can be roughly divided into 11 categories:
- Clothing & Accessories (sections 2-6, 10-26)
- Handicrafts (sections 8-11)
- Ceramics (sections 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 25)
- Furniture and Home Decoration (sections 1,3,4,7,8)
- Food and Beverage (sections 2, 3, 4, 23, 24, 26, 27)
- Plants and Gardening tools (sections 3, 4)
- Art and Gallery (section 7)
- Pets and Pet Accessories (sections 8, 9, 11, 13)
- Books (sections 1, 27)
- Antiques and Collectibles (sections 1, 26)
- Miscellaneous and Used Clothing (sections 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 22, 25, 26)
Route: Chatuchak Market Bangkok by Skytrain
Hop on the skytrain (BTS) to Mo Chit station, take exit no. 1 and follow the crowd until you see rows of canvas stalls selling clothes. Turn right while continuing to follow the crowd and you will see a small entrance that leads into the market (clothing section).
Route: Chatuchak Market Bangkok by subway
Another option is to take the subway (MRT) to Chatuchak Park station (exit no.1), then follow the crowd until you arrive at the small entrance that leads into the market (clothing section). For the plant and flower section, get off at Kampheng Phet MRT station (exit no. 1).
Taxi: Just say Chatuchak Market to the taxidriver 😀
When is Chatuchak Market Bangkok open?
The weekend market is open on Saturdays and Sundays, 09:00 – 18:00, and Fridays 18:00 – 24:00. Plant sections are also open on Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 07:00 – 18:00.
Do you need a break? My tip for you:
Click here to get a free $25 coupon for airbnb!