Cycling tour Singapore
Last weekend I did the evening cycling tour in Singapore. It was awesome. During the day I walked through the city but in the evening the city looks different. The smell of the food, the lights everywhere and the skyline are just awesome!
We started the cycling tour at 17.30 at the Novotel at Clark Quay. The cycling tour is 3.5 hours and costs 89 Singapore dollar. (55 Euro / 63 USD) You wil visit the main highlights and will see the lightshow under the Marina Bay Sands. During the cycling tour in Singapore the local guide will tell you something about history and the new Singapore. It can be a good option when you don’t have much time and want to do a Transit tour from the Singapore Airport!
Photo’s cycling tour Singapore
Evening Cycling tour Singapore
Here are the list of places we visited base on our route, from start to end.
- Clark Quay – Singapore River famous because of the live bands, bars, seafood and river cruises. The boats you can take were used in the past for the big ships to get the cargo to the city.
- Sri Marriamman Hindu Temple – Oldest Hindu Temple in Singapore, you can get in and watch the ceremonie, when you want to take pictures you have to pay a small fee.
- Chinatown Complex – Here you visit the local Hawker Centre where you can get awesome street food. Try the Chicken white rice! In the basement you will visit the wet market with fresh fish and huge live frogs!
- Chinatown Street – Outdoor shopping kiosks where you can buy a lot of souvenirs, this street has a nice history as well!
- Lau Pa Sat (Old Market) – Traditional street hawking under the stars in between the huge skyscrapers of Singapore. This place is awesome, you can eat delicious dishes and bbq!
- Marina Reservoir – View of Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Fullerton Hotel, Esplanade Building, Merlion
- Gardens by the Bay – You will ride along the Gardens by the bay a huge indoor Botanic Garden. When you want to visit both gardens on daytime (28 Singapore dollar)
- Marina Barrage – Best view of Singapore Skyline from the bay.
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel Light Show – Wonder Full Light and Water Show
Video cycling tour Singapore
Rent a bicycle in Singapore
Rent a bicycle anywhere in Singapore: Rent the foldable bicycles which perform to the level of easy riding bicycles for the city. They deliver it to you start point and pick it at a location you desire. (as long as it’s in Singapore)
Other cycling tours in Singapore
Pulau Ubin Island cycling tour: Rustic island that spells nature all over it. If you want to have a peek of how Singapore look like in the early 1940s that’s the place to visit!
Taste of Singapore cycling tour: Cramping all Singapore delicacies into a scrumptious meal and to burn it all up by cycling to beautiful sights in Singapore!
City Attractions cycling tour: Couple up the tour with Skip the Line options to Gardens by the Bay Domes and The Singapore Flyer.