All good travel blogposts start with qualitative content. You can also say, valuable content for your readers. Think, what kind of content your readers like to read & share on your travelblog?
SEO DO’S TRAVELBLOG
- Focus per page or post on a keyword(s)
- Write relevant titles and subtitles
- Work with keywords in your text
- Put the most important information on top of the page
- Give your images a name like: so-for-travelbloggers.jpg
- Create links to other post and pages in your website (internal linking)
- Make sure your website is easy to navigate
- Use tags in your blogposts
- Make your website mobile friendly
- Create relevant links to external websites in the content.
- Try to get qualitative links to your website (from other good/ authorized / high ranked websites in your branche)
- Try to earn relevant links on social media
- Put social share buttons on your webpage
- Check what your competitors do /use.
- Use /combine different kind of content like images text, video..
- Analyze your statistics and improve your SEO.
SEO DON’TS TRAVELBLOG
- Don’t use the same keywords in different posts and pages every time.
- Don’t overuse keywords
- Don’t repost the full text of articles
- Don’t only optimize for search engines readers are humans
- Don’t buy links
- Don’t link to low quality websites
- Don’t upload images directly from your camera. (try to compress to smaller images. That will increase your pagespeed.)
- Avoid links from pointless or trivial websites without relevance.
- Don’t use flash
- Don’t use hidden links
- Don’t use hidden text
- Don’t exact copy others websites content
- Don’t wait to long with implement SEO
- Don’t use intro pages
- Don’t think your ranking will change daily
Do you want to know how to create a top SEO blogpost or page for travelers? Look at this advanced article about SEO for travelbloggers.
Keep in mind
SEO of a travelblog is a continual process ranks are always changing and competitors will try to beat you. Do SEO serious and beat them 🙂
Note: Take care, when you do a good job and you see the results you can be addicted.